Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Old becomes...new! (to us)



If you haven't already realized it, I LOVE a good deal. I am always working on "a project". Usually, something old, cheap, ratty. I then try to revamp it, and work it into our home. It works like the 'thrill of a good find'. I almost feel like I'm being a better mom/wife by finding something and fixing it. I'm wierd like that.

A few Fridays ago I was driving to work and, low and behold, THIS beauty was sitting on a curb. Patiently awaiting the garbage man. Er, person.


SHOCKING!! I know!!
All it took was a knock on the door, and a heft into my hatchback. Oh yeah.
And I wasn't even late for work!
( I still don't know why the lady was looking at me like I had 3 eyeballs??)




Yesterday, I decided to deal with it. A coat of melamine paint (leftover from THIS project), some spray paint (special thanks to Mikey for the use of his camo spray!!) and some new hardware slides for the back of the drawers (they were broken...$4)






Not bad eh??
Ofcourse it's not perfect. And far from new. But it was free. And it will work!
Besides. Hannah LOVES it!




Oh. Our little angel was working on a project of her own. Imagine!

4 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

it is lovely!!! :) Great job!!

Juls said...

You are my hero Amy!!! You are so smart and creative.

Jen said...

It looks beautiful and so perfect for a little girl's room...ummmm, did you for get to put "little Angel" in the hand cuffs before you started your project?

redeemed diva said...

I love this. I am about to re-do some treasure finds this weekend! Love it. I'm with you--the thrill of the hunt!