Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Kids can say the darndest things......

Our main bathroom is positioned right between Aliah's room and my room. The kitchen is directly "in front" of these rooms. My dad hates this. Because it is right in the open, and not positioned somewhere discreet in a hallways of some sort. I, however, love it. I am able to bath my children while being in the kitchen or in my bedroom. I can hear all that goes on because I am only a step away.
Tonight, as I was dressing Aliah for bed, I was listening to the older two in the tub. A bit of laughing, and a whole lot of water swishing. I finish dressing the babe, and go back into the bathroom. A bit of water is on the floor.
Hannah pipes up "hey mam, know what Isaiah just did?"
"No honey, I don't. What did he do?" I ask. Kind of off the cuff.
"He just got backwashed" Hannah says smiling from ear to ear.
"Backwashed?" I ask "What was he drinking?"
"Nothing." Hannah says. "He got backwashed!" Telling me again, as though I hadn't heard her the first time.
"Well he must have been drinking something then. Were you drinking the water honey?" I ask him
"No, me wasn't" He states. (He knew he'd get in trouble I"m sure!!)
"You have to drink something and spit it out to be backwashed" I explain "That's what 'backwashed' means"
"OH" Hannah says, a bit confused. "Well he got umm...back..back..."

It is then that I clue in..

"AHHHH...he got BAPTIZED?" I ask
"YEAH!!" they both quip. "THAT!!"

16 comments:

Roxanne said...

Not a dull moment at your house!!

jennifer said...

that is so cute!!!!!! i just posted a new entry check it out you can add me

praypraise&pamper said...

Love it!!

Rhonda said...

Ahhh! A trough, a pool, now a bathtub - I've heard it all! It's great that Hannah' is looking after things.

Jen said...

Oh, that is so precious!
Funny little people!

Unknown said...

priceless!

Shaun and Holly said...

That is so darn CUTE!

Tammy said...

Now that is the way it's done. The older sister baptizing her little brother. Did he want to be baptized!!??? I can here it now "no really you do want to go under"..... LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Haha... oh, I can just picture it... I miss your kids. I miss you! I'll be seeing you SATURDAY!

Ris said...

LOL go Mom for figuring that one out!

Vicki said...

Just precious! Aren't you thankful for blogging? A great way to remember all these funny little things!

Shari said...

If he gets backwashed every night before bed the he certainly must be heaven bound!!

Jenny said...

That is cute! Thank you for your sweet words on my blog, you sound like you have a lively household!

I'm looking forward to reading more!
Jen

Maureen said...

Your mom and I were laughing about this story tonight.
It's just soo cute.

Patti's Passion said...

That was so cute. Don't ya just love kids living life as they know it. I put a new post up on my site must see it Amy.

Anonymous said...

Love the Lockwood kiddie stories!
I enjoy sharing them with my family and people at work... they are so adorable.