The great thing about marriage (or any relationship for that matter) is that we get to choose how to react to each others characteristics. For instance, a young lady fell head over heels with a guy whom she thought had the best sense of humour ever. He made her laugh at silly things, did spontaneous crazy acts at all times, and was just a ton of fun to be with. They got married, and suddenly, those crazy "funny" things became immature and annoying. She got to choose how she reacted to his traits.
Today, in honour of my best friends 33 birthday, I give to you 33 wonderfully amazing attributes about the love of my life.
1. You love God with your whole being. Thank you.
2. You are a tremendous, loving, giving, faithful husband.
3. You love our children deeply.
4. You have a great sense of humour. You continue to make me laugh 18 years later.
5. You are focused. If you set a goal, there is little anyone can do to stop you.
6. You strive to do your best with all aspects of the goal you have set. At times it irritates me how much work you put into work, but then realize you are doing your absolute best, and I love that.
7. You are passionate. Very passionate.
8. You are levelheaded. Comes with your job, BUT you carry it very well.
9. You are smart. You remember the strangest facts. I look forward to you helping with geography, science and history homework.
10. You are spontaneous. Love it. (hate it. lol)
11. You love with all you are. Not many, but those you do, get everything you have.
12. You care.
13. You have immense self-love. That's good. It gets you places. God loves that you love what he made.
14. You are calm in hectic situations. That makes us feel secure.
15. You are faithful. You understand what you have is not worth throwing away for short, small gain. (which is easily accessible in your line of work)
16. You are a true worshiper.
17. You care more about what 'we' (me & kids) think than what anyone else does. (albeit God)
18. You show mercy. You would rather apologize than be correct.
19. You are a tremendous provider. You work in the middle of the night, while we all are sleeping, to put food on our table, and then wake up early to watch the kids.
20. You are supportive beyond words. Even if you don't understand, or necessarily agree, you stand behind me 110% because you believe in me.
21. You are uplifting and encouraging. Hannah says "she KNOWS she's beautiful because her dad tells her so". Me too.
22. You never expect. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. If I never made another meal, you wouldn't say a thing.
23. You are fun. Adventurous.
24. You are peaceful. Although not always 'talkative' or 'into' the conversation, you are seldom angry. I can count on my fingers how many times I've seen you yell. In 18 years--Seldom.
25. You keep us grounded. Remind us how very blessed we are.
26. You are accepting. You love my 'family' (extended). You often mention how much of a blessing they are.
27. You are a natural leader.
28. You are generous to me. You go overboard at Christmas. You like to see me smile.
29. You are observant and alert. Once again, making us feel secure and safe.
30. You are full of common sense. This goes such a long long way.
31. You are full of life. Even when you are 'dealing' with the after math of situations at work, you might 'shutdown' briefly, but then rebound with full exuberance.
32. You are a gifted musician. You put all you are into music.
33. You are the hero to 4 very special people. Me, Hannah, Isaiah, and Aliah.
We love you deep.
Happy 33rd Birthday Mike!!!!!!!