Friday, December 18, 2009

There are dayz....


It's Christmas time.

How do I know?

Well...I have to spend my time shopping, wrapping, baking, decorating.

Which means some things just get neglected.





Okay. so not really.
You think I could function in this?
Dirty or dusty? Okay.
Messy? Nope.


On my day off one week I had to make 22 dozen shortbread. Yeah.
I babysat my niece, on top of my 3 kids. (well not exactly on top. She's little. That would hurt) She was here. So were my kids.


And, as you see, my house did not fair well.

Neither did I.
I ended the day by falling down the stairs, crushing about 1/2 of the shortbread.

Good times.

**btw** I can't blame the desk on the kids. It was me. ALLLLLLLL me.

So yeah.
It's Christmas.
Make it memorable.
We sure will.

6 comments:

redeemed diva said...

Sounds like something that you will laugh about in the years to come!

Shaun and Holly said...

Back to that beautiful bath for some "amy time"!!!! :) Life sure can get busy (and messy)...

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Love you guys!
H.

Gitz 'n Jo said...

I'm thinking it looks well lived and well loved :) Having said that, clutter in my home makes me INSANE. When I literally couldn't move for three months this summer, the disarray about crippled my MIND! :)

Jen said...

So you ARE human...LOL!
I am sitting with a cup of tea and my computer totally avoiding the mountain of laundry literally across the room waiting to be folded!!
I hope you didn't get hurt when you fell!

Anonymous said...

This will be our first Christmas Eve without Alyssa. So, a quiet one for us.

Shaun and Holly said...

Cheryl,
Oh! :*(